Blite 0.1-beta8 Available
This beta is now obsolete and should not be used.
This beta focuses primarily on commenting — how commenting is integrated into index.php and how submitted comments are processed.
- Add basic 'flood protection' for comments. In Settings > Comments there's a new option "Wait between comments". Set it to something like 30 (seconds) to stop people posting rapid-fire comments.
- Add simple 'duplicate post' check for comments. A comment is refused if it (the comment body) is identical to the last comment posted. Of course this is easily circumvented, but it helps slow down the 'paste-and-post' spammers.
- Implement "close comments" for a post. I was going to postpone this feature until the next major version as it required a database change, and I've been trying to avoid database changes for v. 0.1. But when I looked again at the db I saw that I'd included a field specifically for this purpose, but forgotten about it. :)
- Moved the comment form layout to a subtemplate in items.php (in the theme).
- Rewrite of GET variable processing in index.php for better handling of URL manipulation.
- Various tweeks to the default theme.
- blite-0.1-beta8.tar.gz (63KB)
- Read INSTALL.txt
Upgrade from Beta 7 or earlier:
- Read UPGRADE.txt
If you have created a custom theme it will remain in place. However, if you are upgrading from an old beta you may notice display issues as the templates have changed slightly in the last two betas. Have a look at the default templates for comparison.
There are several new preferences on the Settings page which do not exist in your database. Immediately after upgrading you should go to Settings, review everything and click 'Save'. The new preferences are added to your database when you save.