Blite 0.1-beta9 Available
This beta is now obsolete and should not be used.
This beta focuses primarily on the implementation of language support (see 'Translations' below). In addition there are a few bug fixes and a couple minor feature additions.
- Render correctly when the database is empty (no posts).
- Avoid double-encoding HTML entities in the meta description.
- Do not show 'Spambox' admin link if blogspam.net is disabled.
- Implement language support and invite translations for the language file. Thanks to the work of some terrific volunteers Blite now supports these languages: Dutch, Filipino, French, Indonesian, Italian and Spanish. Implementing language support brought to light numerous layout issues, and as a result there's been several HTML & CSS changes to the default theme.
- Localize date display (month name) and allow alternate date/time display formats (in Settings > Display).
- Add ability to permanently delete a post and its comments.
- Show spambox count in sidebar (Administration) if blogspam.net is enabled.
- blite-0.1-beta9.tar.gz (83KB)
- Read INSTALL.txt
Upgrade from Beta 8 or earlier:
- Read UPGRADE.txt
If you have created a custom theme it will remain in place. However, if you are upgrading from an old beta you may notice display issues as the templates have changed slightly in the last two betas. Have a look at the default templates for comparison. As well, for beta 9 there are numerous CSS changes to accommodate language support. Check the default browse.css and admin.css files.
There are several new preferences on the Settings page which do not exist in your database. Immediately after upgrading you should go to Settings, review everything and click 'Save'. The new preferences are added to your database when you save.
I'd like to acknowledge the excellent work of the following volunteers for language translations included in this beta:
- Dutch - Cryto Coding Collective
- Filipino - Jonathan Tan / Anissa Tan
- French - Philippe Greiner
- Indonesian - Andri Permana
- Italian - Tommaso Fuga
- Spanish - Yomero
Translation work is an ongoing effort. If you'd like to participate, your help would be much appreciated. Blite translation files are stored at blite.ca/translations. You can grab the English file from there to see what's involved. There's a demo site available where you can login to see the administrative side of Blite, which helps put all the words and phrases in context. Contact me by email for a login or if you have any questions: doug [at] blite.ca.